Friday, March 20, 2009

I have OCD.

What exactly is OCD some of you might ask? It is obsessive compulsive disorder. According to wordnet.com, it is defined as "an anxiety disorder characterized by recurrent and persistent thoughts and feelings and repetitive, ritualized behaviors." And here is why I have it:

1. I often check the stove to make sure it is off before leaving the house, even if I haven't cooked yet that day. If I think about it but don't check it, it drives me NUTS.

2. This may gross you out but I pop my fingers and toes in bed right before I go to sleep. Every night.

3. One wall of the Kids Club where I work is painted as a chalkboard. It causes me great anxiety when there is chalk residue all over it. I wipe it down twice whenever I get a chance.

4. After I lock the door when I'm leaving, I always push on it because, obviously the lock "clicking" into place wasn't confirmation enough that someone can't get in.

5. When I make a sandwich, the condiments absolutely have to go on the two "matching" sides of bread. Meaning, the bread has to fit together as a sandwhich the same way I pulled it out of the bag.

This is just the beginning of my list of strange habits. Anybody else OCD out there??

P.S. Because I never post pics of the chillins anymore, here's a few. Most of these were taken at the park. We've been enjoying mostly great weather here lately!















8 comments:

Ben and Melissa Brunson said...

The boys are sooo cute!! I can't wait to see them and ever since I told Katelyn Alden was coming to play she keeps asking me if today is the day she can play with him. As for your OCD your funny :o)

Anonymous said...

That's too funny, I have so many little OCD things, too. And I'm the same way with my bread for sandwiches.

Christal said...

The pictures of the boys are just adorable!!!! As for OCD....I think we all have our quirks. :0)

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I didn't realize you were as "OCD" as you were! That's hilarious. I'm the same in different ways, but definitely not as entertaining as yours are. The bread thing?! You're so funny.

Kimberly said...

I loved it! I have so many OCD things too. Not the same as yours, but it makes me feel better, like I'm not crazy or something! I feel like a terrible friend, I never even commented on your post about moving. I guess cause I'm in denial. I'm happy that you guys know what you need to be doing next, but I'm way sad that you'll be so far away and way sad that you won't be at the reunion. By the way, Hailey and Kennedy loved seeing the pictures of Alden and Eli.

Sheffer's said...

I'm the same way about the bread & sandwiches! It drives me crazy to have the pieces not match up. I also can't use the pieces right near the ends (unless I'm desperate). Miss you guys!

kelsey said...

Becky! You are funny, sending Kristin after me. But good! So just send me your e-mail, and I can add you. If you want to just comment it on here, I'll check back, or you can e-mail me at: jen03007@byui.edu
Also, my brother just got into med school in the Caribbean too-- small world.

Anonymous said...

You are too cute! :o) So are your boys! I miss you guys!