Some pictures of what we've been up to lately...
... Making cool goggles. Yes, neither boy has pants on. These kids are happiest when naked and scream and cry when I make them put on clothes after baths.
...Catching fish at the cove. My man Jaron caught these with Alden's tiny Scooby Doo pole! It's about 2 1/2 feet long. I'm going to put one of those puppies into our 72 hour kit and we'll be set for life!
We're eating these for dinner tonight!
...Thank goodness for the dirt path of a driveway that we have right outside our front door. The boys play in it like it's a sandbox.
...Eating Dutch cookies on the deck (less mess!). Alden and Eli are really the bestest brothers ever. It warms my heart!
...Chillin' with pet snails. Don't focus on the mess on the table - focus on the tiny snail on the EDGE of the table! Bless this boy, he is going to make snails extinct on this island! He loves to find them and bring them home and "mother" them until they die a few hours later. Poor thing!
...Eating TONS of sno-cones. We scored this sno-cone maker when SOS cleaned out their garage. It came complete with cups, spoon straws and syrup. We eat them no kidding every other day. I'm starting to look for more syrup/cups/straws on e-bay already. It's the perfect snack - relatively low in sugar (a little bit of syrup on a lot of ice) and the machine only has to dry out so there's no clean up! Yay for cold treats in a HOT climate!
Runters Family Photos
6 days ago
5 comments:
If anyone could catch fish with one of those little poles it's Jaron, right? That is so awesome! You inspire me Becky. Really. Being creative, using the resources you have and always staying positive. We could all learn a lot from you! By the way, those boys are too cute.
I love your blog posts Becky. You are living such an adventure. I love the picture of your boys sitting on the stairs next to each other. I've got one of Hailey and Kennedy really similar to that!
I forgot to comment DAYS ago!
I love that what you've been up to, totally kicks the pants off of what the Smith's have been up to. Again Becky, you're having a once in a lifetime opportunity! (I think I always say that when I comment!) I'm glad that your little guys are such good friends. I'm thinking that will be just perfect for when baby #3 arrives. you and Jaron planned it perfectly without even realizing it!
Hope things are good on your island!
What fun pictures! I can't believe Jaron caught those fish! How did they taste?? Your boys are so cute. Eli has grown tons since I saw him. I wish I was there!
Though we don't talk much, this blog has become the laugh of the week- we love to hear your adventures! thanks for keeping us in touch! we miss you plenty! please have jaron keep his shirt on for future pictures unless he can afford a tan :) ...
Post a Comment