Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ouch!

On Christmas Eve, all 5 of Jaron's brothers joined us at his parents' house. His sister went to her new in-law's for the holidays. While running around with Eli and his cute little cousin, Katelyn, who is 5 months younger than him, Alden ran smack into the corner of Grandma's organ. This was the result: Okay, these pictures are backwards and I can't seem to get them to inverse. This picture was taken today, about a week after the fact. The swelling from the ginomous bump on his head moved down into his face, leaving half his head green and finally pooling into black around his eye.
This picture was about 3 days after it happened. Notice the nice coloration on his forehead and around his eye already?

Right after the fall. OUCH!! It swelled up big as an egg and bled a good bit too. Of course, being a mom, I was quite anxious about the whole bit and hardly let him go after it happened. Jaron reassured me repeatedly that it didn't crack his skull and he couldn't have bleeding on the brain. Although he wouldn't let us put ice on it (I can't blame him, really), he was pretty tough about the whole thing!


And this is the only picture I got of Christmas. NONE on Christmas morning! I know....I become more unfit as a mother as this post goes on!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! That is so sad. I hate seeing my kids get hurt....no fun. Oh, and I'm sure on Christmas morning you were just having too much fun with your kids to take pictures. You are definitely a GREAT mother!

Michele said...

I think that is the job of little boys, to get bumps, cuts, and bruises. My little boys have had so many!

Tara said...

Ouch!! But that's what they do, and they bounce back remarkably fast... I love your picture of Gracen - what an angel! That blessing dress is amazing. I hope all goes well on your venture back to Saba!

Andrea said...

Ouch. I love Gracens blessing dress. We are getting ready to bless Tess. I wish I had a beautiful gown like that. Blessings from Saba. There will be many more I promise. I am so happy you and Jaron are reunited.

Sara said...

Becky!!! Your family is absolutely adorable!!! Little Gracen is such a beautiful little girl!!! I hope all is going really, really well for you! YOU are such an inpiration to me - you are such a great mom and wife!!! Take Care!!!

Kimberly said...

That looks so incredibly painful!

Your kids are all so adorable. I really wish we could have seen you guys while you were in Idaho. We've all just got to plan a real reunion as soon as you guys return from your island paradise! :)