Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hello Idaho

We arrived in Idaho in the middle of a Saturday afternoon.  Jaron's parents and younger brother were here to help us unload but it wasn't long before men were coming out of nowhere and helping us unload.  I figured they had to be LDS and members of an Elder's Quorum - who else spots a moving truck and stops by to unload it?!  Somehow it came out that we were LDS and one of the guys happened to be our new ward's Elder's Quorum President.  He started texting guys in the neighborhood and we were unloaded in no time at all. 

The new house is great.  I should take a picture of the outside since I promised myself I'd snap a picture of our Kansas home before we left...and never did.  This house is roomier than anything we've ever lived in and HAS A FENCED BACKYARD.  *Sigh.*  What more could a woman want?!

The ward has been incredibly welcoming to us.  Turns out there are several LDS families on our street, all of whom have young kids.  It's been fun to meet them and have our kids excited to meet new friends.  Alden started up school here even though there's only a few weeks left of the school year.  He loves it because school starts at 9:00 here!

My biggest worry of moving to Boise at 37 weeks was that baby wouldn't stay in until 37 weeks.  My next biggest fear was that he would make it to 37 weeks and then what were going to do when I went into labor and we didn't know anybody we could call on to watch the kids?!  On the first Sunday here, however, an amazing lady sat next to me at the end of Relief Society meeting and asked if she could be the person I call to watch the kids when I go into labor.  She was a direct answer to my prayers!!!  After two Sundays at church we've now got four couples on our list of who to call in the middle of the night. WOW.

I met the Maternal Fetal Medicine group the Monday after we got here and my doctor is fantastic.  He's taken a lot of time to make sure he thoroughly understands my case and I feel very well taken care of.  He referred me to an equally awesome pediatric cardiologist who has spent a long time discussing potential courses of action when baby is born.

It is expected that the drugs I'm on will carry baby's heart rate in a normal rhythm for about two days after birth.  After that, baby needs to be weaned off the medication at some point in the first year of life to assess whether the SVT is still present.  After discussing the options with the cardiologist, we've decided that, depending on the results of tests they'll do after birth, we will likely wean him immediately so that he isn't on powerful heart medication for months that he may not even need.

Now that we've got a plan, all we need is a baby!  The house is for the most part unpacked and we're starting to feel settled.  I've never had so many contractions as I've had in this pregnancy and they're starting to get pretty painful and are keeping me up in the night.  I worry constantly about baby's well being and just can't wait for him to come!!

6 comments:

Christal said...

Oh, you wonderful Becky! Heavenly Father sure does love you a lot!!! So much so, that I can feel that love clear over here in Texas. What blessings He had waiting for you at such a stressful time of transition. So happy to hear that all is well, and looking forward to hearing more. Love and hugs!

Sheffer's said...

I need pictures of your big house! :) I'm so glad things are going smoothly for you all. Miss you

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

so glad everyone and everything made it to Idaho.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I'm glad you have a fenced yard!
and that your baby hasn't arrived yet!
and that you've got a supportive ward ready and willing to help you guys!
i've been thinking about you lots - can't wait to meet that new little baby!

whitney said...

yay! yay! for a fenced yard! seriously, it's pretty much the best thing ever :)

I'm so glad that your transition is going so smoothly. Can't wait to see pictures of your soon-to-arrive little man! good luck with these last couple of weeks!

Jennie Holt said...

So glad everything is going good for ya!! I am super excited for your fenced in yard (and a little...no a lot jealous :) can't wait to see pics of the new baby!!