Gracen had her first dance recital! She was sooooo excited! (And so was I! :) )
We picked up her black leotard from Target on Monday and she didn't take it off until I washed it Saturday morning for her recital! She has been wearing various dance leotards ever since and cries when I make her put clothes over top so she doesn't freeze on the way to the store. She dances around the house all day and I'm surprised at how many names of dance steps she knows.
Getting ready for the recital, we both made compromises: She let me do her hair and I let her put on some makeup (mascara and lip gloss). I thought maybe we were turning over a new hair doing leaf but, alas, 'tis not so.
I tried to take her picture before the recital and she kept doing this:
I told her to "just look normal" and she wouldn't stop doing this:
Haha. My pretty girl!
Unfortunately the lighting for the performance was bad, my camera is even worse, and the photographer behind the camera is even worse than that! Made for a lot of super blurry pictures.
I also didn't love that her teacher danced with them on stage. Detracted from the cute little girlies a bit, I thought.
Grace is right in the middle of this pic.
This is Grace and our two neighbor girls, Katelyn and Allie that she rides to dance with.
Grace is farthest to the right in this one.
And to the right of her teacher in this one.
She's got some pretty cute moves that girlie does!
Here's a horrible picture of two pretty little ladies! Becky is a great teacher. She lives only a few blocks from our house and dance takes place at her house. Lessons are also super cheap - win/win/win!! :)

1 comments:
So cute! Katelyn took a dance class at that age and the teacher danced with them at their recital, too. :( Must be the thing to do...
Happy times for you and Gracen!
Post a Comment