Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My New Job

Given that we're starting a business (a financially rocky time), I set out one day to see what I could do to bring home a little bacon myself. I looked at several options that wouldn't take me from my babes: watching kids in my home, working from home online, etc. and the PERFECT opportunity has literally fallen into my lap. (WHO SAYS PAYING TITHING DOESN'T BLESS YOU?!?!?!?) Jaron has been doing some marketing with the fitness club across the street from his office and he just happened to run into the Kids' Club manager and they just happened to have an opening coming up at the end of November.


Here's why it is the PERFECT job for us:

#1. I get to take my kids to work.
#2. It is a laid-back and fun atmosphere - I get along great with the other moms who work there.
#3. It is only about 10 hours a week so I still have the benefits of spending the bulk of the day at home with my little ones - (gives me plenty of time to bring home a little bacon and cook it too :-).
#4. It is perfect socialization for Alden - he LOVES it.
#5. It will give us somewhere to get out of the house throughout the winter.


I couldn't have asked for more!!


5 comments:

Sheffer's said...

Congrats! It's always nice to have a little steady money coming in. I'm glad you like it so much, too. We miss you guys.

Christal said...

Yeah! This worked out wonderfully, and I'm happy for you! Congratulations. Miss you.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Isn't that amazing? Life really is good isn't it? I'm happy for you - I'm thinking I need a little of the same thing. I liked all of your reasons for it being the perfect job. Good luck - hope you enjoy it with your boys!

Genny Steed said...

Those kids in the picture are still in shorts!! ...another reason I wish I could come visit!

HLFackrell said...

Good for you. It's amazing how the Lord blesses us with the things we need just when we need them.