Tomorrow my little Eli will turn 1! Craziness, I know. So what's one-year-old Eli up to? Walking you might guess? Not even interested. Growing teeth you say? Nope (he's got one half-grown in one on the bottom front and it's been like that for about 6 weeks!). Sleeping through the night? Well, almost. So what are Eli's talents at age one? Let me share them with you.
Due much to his brother's influence I'm sure, Eli has evolved into a very talented car "driver." He's got a little "voom, voom" sound down, made by putting his lips very close together and humming through them. It's hilarious to watch as he pushes cars across the floor.

Eli is just so eager to help clean up the kitchen, especially after something yummy has been whipped up. Not only does Eli "pre-wash" mixers, he also makes a great vacuum under the table (much-appreciated since I guesstimate that about 1/3 of what gets "eaten" from the table actually makes it into his mouth and down to his tummy).

This is Eli's most entertaining talent that we've discovered yet. See that huge bouncy ball? Eli loves to shove the whole thing in his mouth and sit there like that. It's hilarious! (Is anyone shocked that we not only allow this but laugh heartily when he does it? I am pretty sure it's way too big to be a choking hazard. It's too big according to the toilet paper roll rule anyway. Frankly, I'm shocked he can open his tiny jaw wide enough to get it in there!)

If there were a contest for the speed in which a Christmas tree could be undressed, Eli would win it hands down. Ours is constantly stripped naked on the bottom third and I find those darn bells EVERYWHERE!

Lastly, Eli is very talented at soaking it up in the tub. This one is a talent passed on through generations of my family. We all love a good, hot bath and Eli is no exception.
We sure love you, Eli! Here's to discovering many more great talents in the years to come!!
2 comments:
I LOVED this Becky! Can't wait to meet the famous guy in person! Merry Christmas!
ha ha, he's about as content as Brielle - no walking (or even crawling) or teeth in her near future either. Eli is hilarious!! What a character!
Post a Comment