Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chillin' at the Cove


I found the place yesterday where I will spend the next 18 months. It is called "the cove." Our blessed friend Rachel, who taxis us everywhere we want to go since we don't have a car yet, took us to the cove yesterday and we had a blast. It is beautiful!


The government of Saba has blocked off a small section that makes a perfect swimming area for kids. It's nice and shallow and the big wall of rocks protects it from the ocean's waves.


Rachel has three kids who're 5 or barely 6 years old (How is this possible? Adoption!). Alden worships them and bawls anytime we have to leave them. Thank goodness for good friends.


Eli, of course, hated the water. Until I put him in his little blow-up boat, that is. Then he was splashing and having a blast. Both boys cried whenever salt water would get in their eyes but, a minor irritation for a GREAT afternoon. I walked away from the experience with a wicked deep red sunburn on my back. What was I thinking exposing my pasty white back unprotected to the Caribbean sun for two hours?! Yeesh!

Thanks again for a GREAT afternoon, Rachel!

6 comments:

Michele said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Hope your sun burn goes away soon.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE!
Sunburns suck, but hopefully it will become a nice tan like you always have ever summer! (I remember your tans way back in the day...they were awesome!)
looks like you found the perfect place for your kids to play. Brody wants to come over. Maybe I could fly him down?!

Genny Steed said...

How fun! So is the cove accessible all year?

Barbi said...

Looks like Paradise!
Abe suggested to put your molding stuff out in the sun for a good baking!! And AIR, he said everything needs AIR in the coastal areas. Hope this helps :))

Ben and Melissa Brunson said...

That looks really fun. Good luck with your burn.

Andrea said...

We loved the cove. Our favorite thing to do there was build a fire in the evening and do tinfoil dinners. I am going to send you my recipe today.