I know I promised pictures of Windwardside for this post but I had a chance to go down to The Bottom today so I figured I'd take the time to take some pictures and post them.
So The Bottom is the home of...Jaron's school! The place where Jaron spends almost everyday from approximately 3:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
This is the main building of the school.
I love this bush in front of the school. Wouldn't you just love to know how to do this? The best part is, it's in this fenced off area full of wild chickens and mango trees. Awesome.
The school lunchroom. It's super cool because it only has two walls. The other two sides are completely open. Ahhh, the Caribbean.
The Police Station. And look! Notice that sign? "Join the Police Force!" Any takers?
This is all the government offices rolled into one. Citizenship & Immigration, the Governor's office, the "DMV," etc.
The dispensary, aka the pharmacy. I took the boys to the dentist when we were in Idaho and he gave us a prescription for fluoride multivitamins and gave us enough refills for a year. I had a hard time convincing him that there was no Walgreen's or Wal-mart pharmacy where I could transfer the prescription to. :-)
The Catholic church in The Bottom. I can't remember the exact year, but I think this church was built in the 1870's. I'll have to confirm that.... Anyway, I told my friend, Lucia, I was going to take pictures in The Bottom this morning and she told me I absolutely had to go inside this church. So I did, and this is what was inside:
Amazing, huh? And this is the best part:
It was done by a local artist so it's this beautiful religious scene and there's a cute little island cottage tucked into it.
The Hospital, aka "Gracen's almost birthplace."
Our ambulance. The whole island is like a small town so whenever you hear the siren, the whole island knows why within a few minutes.
A view of the street just to get a "feel" of The Bottom.
The view up the other side of the street.
The grocery store in The Bottom. Hot dogs, fruit and chicken drumsticks are cheapest here. In case you're ever in the neighborhood.
Next post - Windwardside! I promise!
4 comments:
Awesome! I love that you're doing all these posts. I can live vicariously through you!
aaah. Home.
I just love it Becky.
What a fabulous place to live for a while!
I've always wanted to be a police officer...maybe I can there!
so awesome! everything is so beautiful! but I'm sure you're missing our the awesome brown-ess of a good ol' southern alberta winter, right? right? ok, I'm just trying to make myself feel better :)
Post a Comment