I'm not exactly sure why, but even before I had kids, I promised myself I would display their art. I imagined it would be some sort of a self-confidence thing I suppose. After I actually had kids, I started to imagine fancy thrift-store frames painted fun colors in which I would display my kids's best pieces in the kitchen and change them out frequently. So far, the idea hasn't materialized. But we have been busy crafting and this is what we have on our wall at the moment:
Sorry the picture is blurry - I only think of blogging after my head becomes clear when the kids are in bed. Our bedroom is pretty dim and my camera is pretty not-good at letting in light.
Anyway, one day I started sticky-tack-ing all the kids' artwork up in our bedroom/living room/play room/computer room (yes, we are still at Jaron's parents' house, awaiting a clinicals assignment somewhere in the eastern States come spring). If you haven't heard of sticky-tac, it is an amazingly wonderful blue putty that costs $1.88 at Wal-mart and I think is officially called another name. Whatever it is called, it holds up anything and everything (up to 1 lb) without making a mess of the wall. As I started to save the art, I was surprised at how much we actually do. Please excuse the height recording ginormous "ruler" that we just hung in the middle (that, note, has no children's height measurements recorded yet) - it was the only place we had wall big enough with a stud behind it! :-)
Anyway, not a spectacularly interesting post but I am glad to have my kids' hard work documented!
2 comments:
What artsy kids you have.
I read a great tip in a magazine about kid's projects. Take a picture of each artwork so that you keep the picture and don't feel bad about tossing the work. Then you can put all the pictures into a scrapbook and make a coffee table book of all your kids best art through the years!
Post a Comment