Thursday, May 5, 2011

Good Weather

It seems like the grass has turned green overnight here.  We can NOT get enough of good weather right now and spend a good chunk of our day outside everyday.

This afternoon we went for a bike ride in the church parking lot across the street.
 
Eli is so stinkin' cute on his tiny little bike.  He's new at the pedaling thing and gets stuck pretty often.  He gets really upset at himself but he has a good time.  Alden loves that his bike is bigger and faster than Eli's and would go biking multiple times a day if possible.  I love biking because it tuckers these kids right out.
 No bike for Gracen, though.  This is how she gets her exercise instead:
 Afterwards we decided to stop in impromtu at the neighbors house to cuddle their baby animals.

Gracen is near obsessed with cats.  These kittens are only a week old so they are the perfect size for Gracen.  The boys loved them too.  I think I have two of the most sensitive little boys ever - just look at Eli's face!
 Moments like this make me almost-wish I could get Gracen a little kitty.  However, then reality sets in and I realize that, number one, we move way too much and live in apartments and, number two, such a tiny little creature wouldn't stand a chance with this one's best intentions:
 These neighbors also have baby lambs that their 11-year-old daughter raises to earn her own money.  I thought the sheep were just downright adorable.  Gracen just cried to go back to the kitties the whole time.
Welcome spring, we are SO glad you're here!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute! I agree; it's so nice to have spring! And you're right--it came all of a sudden! I hope it sticks around! With our luck it'll snow this weekend or something!

Lisha said...

Yay for spring!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

My kids spent the whole day yesterday biking. It was fabulous! How nice to have a large church parking lot right next door!
The weather really is great isn't it? I'm so glad we can be outside lately!
P.S. maybe this trip you guys will stay with us?!?!