A few days after we moved we got to have some fun hanging out with Jaron's brother, Abe, his wife Kayla, and their three lovely daughters. Now the story of why we and Abe and Kayla were all in the same place at the same time is a bit of a long one.
The first time we lived in Kansas City, Jaron served as a Sunday School teacher to the 18 year-olds in our ward. Kayla was one of those 18-year-olds and she was about to leave for college in Idaho. At the same time, Jaron's brother, Abram, was about to come home after serving two years as a missionary for our church in Chile. Jaron tried his best to convince Kayla that when she got to Idaho, she'd have to look Abram up. Then he did a little work on the other side - trying to convince Abram that he needed to meet (and possibly date!) this really cool girl he knew. Not much came of Jaron's efforts until one Christmas Jaron and I traveled back to Idaho for semester break during chiropractic school. Abram set up a double date for us and he and Kayla. To make a long story short, fast-forward 5 years and Abe and Kayla are happily married with three sweet little girls!
If you know of anyone looking for a matching service, just call Jaron. His track record is 100% for hook-ups who get married :-)
Anyway, Abe and Kayla happened to be in the city visiting her parents when we moved here. It was fun for the kids to have the familiarity of hanging out with some of their Idaho cousins when at that point very little else in their lives was familiar.
We decided to hit Chuck E. Cheese's, somewhere that I haven't been since I was a pretty young kid myself. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the afternoon adventure only cost us $10! All the games there still only cost a quarter!
After Chuck E. Cheese's we headed to an outdoor shopping center so the kids could have fun in the fountains.
Can you get any cuter than little Paislee?! She's pretty brave, too.
We are sure going to miss our Idaho cousins!!
2 comments:
I can't believe how big all your kids are!!!!! They grow up so fast. I love reading your blog! Looks like you guys are having a great summer!
I heard about the Chuckie Cheese trip! Sounds like you all had fun. We're missing the kiddos. I know Alden is loving school...I hear Eli is going too? That leaves a quiet house for a few hours!!!
Post a Comment