Sunday, February 19, 2012

Night Shift

Our schedule has been a little crazy lately as Jaron's been doing 14 hour night shifts.  It's strange to have him leave for the hospital at the same time he usually gets home.  It's made our evenings a little strange.  I've been on a short break between classes so the kids and I have been getting creative with our evening time. 

One night we got inspired by this blog and made some light sabers out of pool noodles I'd gotten at a garage sale last fall.  We drew star wars troopers faces (the bad guys?) out of milk jugs, stuck glow sticks in them, and had a "war" in the dark.  Yeah, uh, I never thought to get pictures of that.  But the kids had fun with these noodle-light-sabers for days.


Jaron even made time to play with them for a while after his 22 hour end-of-the-week shift one day (I know it's a bad picture but it's the only one I got!).  22 hours!!!  Jaron and I are different in a lot of ways but one thing we do have in common is that we both like to sleep.  We both seem to function well on about 9 hours a night.  I don't know how he's functioning on the short, scattered hours of sleep he's lately been snatching whenever and wherever he can.
 Another thing that's been going on at our house a lot lately is coloring.  The boys are coloring like mad men.  They also love to do mazes and we print them off of this site.
 And, at the risk of revealing just how obsessed I am, here is one more photo of the Amaryllis, this time in full bloom.  Be-a-u-tiful!!  It's starting to die now, but fortunately it has the potential to bloom every 2-3 months!

2 comments:

Ben Rowley said...

The Light Sabers look like a lot of fun!!!!

Kimberly said...

What an awesome idea with the light sabers! and I love your flower. Makes me want to get one. :)