Here finally are our Halloween pictures!
Eli wanted to be a skeleton ever since we got him this Halloween shirt. Alden watched The Magic School bus Halloween special over and over again and decided he definitely wanted to be a vampire bat. My friend Amanda sewed this Tinkerbell costume for Gracen for her birthday (without a pattern!!) and that finally made Gracen decide "princess with wings" over being a cat.
Halloween was extra fun this year because my brother, sister, and brother-in-law came to visit us from Canada! I was really bad at taking pictures during their visit but I'll do a post on it next.
Don't they all look spooky? Alden and Eli were all about looking spooky this year. :)
We started celebrating the day by going to see Alden's Halloween parade at school. I barely caught a picture of him as he whizzed by.
For dinner we all dressed up and went to Chipotle's $2 special. We happened to get there early enough that we didn't have to wait in line very long.
When we set out to start trick-or-treating, we didn't see anybody else out. So we headed to the playground. The kids' Uncles and Aunts ran them hard in a pretty good game of tag. Then we drove around and still didn't see people out so we decided to check out this free Halloween carnival not far from our house. The kids had so much fun on all the bouncy houses - I wish I'd gotten more pictures!
The kids were so tuckered out from the carnival that they only wanted to trick-or-treat for about 40 minutes. At first I was sad for them. Then, when we got home, I realized that I didn't have mounds and mounds of candy to deal with and I decided that wearing the kids out before trick-or-treating might become an annual tradition. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment