We have a couple in our ward at church who are long-time season ticket holders for the KU Jayhawks' basketball team. Whenever they're out of town on church assignments, they are generous enough to offer their tickets out to others! A couple of Fridays ago they offered us the pair of tickets. Jaron was devastated that he couldn't go but, as described in the last post, he's pretty much not going to be here for the entire basketball season! So I decided to pack up the kids and take Alden to his first basketball game.
It was only possible because Jaron's brother, Abe, and his family just happened to move to Lawrence the week before! Abe just started a double MBA program there. Abe and Kayla were so super nice to take Eli and Gracen for me so that Alden and I could go to the game. It made a really late night for all the kids involved so I really appreciated how willing they were to let us impose on them!
Alden and I had a great time. It was fun to explain some of the rules of basketball to Alden. He loved the cheerleaders (for their awesome two-tiered moves, of course!) and also had fun calculating the difference between scores. The Jayhawks have a few great dunkers on their team and that added to the excitement as well. Our seats were right next to the students' seats which was fun because they cheer pretty much non-stop!
Go Jayhawks!
1 comments:
Oh my! Wha a great experience! I know so many Kansas folks who would have DIED for the chance to go to a game at Allen Fieldhouse (like ME!!!) Happy you got to experience it with your handsome date. :)
Post a Comment