Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kidisms

I've been writing down funny things the kids have said.  Here are some gems I want to remember:

Gracen (on the way to drop Jaron off at the airport at 4:30 AM): "Look!  The moon is following me!"
--------
Gracen: "This is my baby."
Me: "What a cute baby."
Gracen: "Her will bite you.  She won't bite me because I'm a pretty mommy."
--------
Alden: "How come in cartoons everyone can just reach behind them and everything they need is right there?!"
--------
Eli told some "hilarious" joke and then said: "I am just so curious."
Alden: "Eli, curious means that you want to know about lots of things."
Eli: "Oh.  I am NOT curious then."
---------
Alden and Eli were tying balloons on strings to be pets.
Eli: "I want two so they can be twins."
Alden: "But Eli, twins are way so much more work."
Eli: "I know. But one of them will be a baby so he'll just take a nap or something."
--------
Gracen: "Mom, your eyelashes smell pretty!"
--------
Gracen, after falling off the couch and rolling across the floor: "Well, that was pretty."
Me: "Are you okay?"
Gracen: "Yeah, that was my dance move from dance class."
--------
Eli and I were talking about fire safety.
Me: "What do you do if the fire alarm goes off?"
Eli: "Wave a towel in front of it until it stops beeping."
Haha, I guess I've burned dinner one too many times. :)
--------
Alden: "Mom, do you know why I don't want you to throw up again?"
Me: "Why?"
Alden: "'Cause I don't want the baby to come out of your mouth while you're throwing up!"
--------
On Christmas morning, Gracen opened up a little plastic teaset and said: "I wanted this for the whole time!"
-------
Eli: "How did they get the orange in the peel without even making a slit?"
-------
Eli, stepping onto the bathroom scale: "Whoa!  Look how old I am!"
-------
One night at bedtime, Alden finished the prayer and Eli said: "Well that wasn't a very thankful prayer."
Alden: "Last night I prayed for the baby and for people who are sick."
Eli: "Well, last night I prayed for blind people."


 

6 comments:

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

oh my heck. I was just laughing at all of these lovely comments from your children!
I like Eli's comment of "I prayed for blind people!" So funny Becky!

Andrea said...

Laughing laughing, and I can't stop. Thanks for writing those down.

Cathy Hill said...

haha. I needed a good laugh. You must be entertained all day long. Cute kids!

Lisha said...

oh goodness, kids say the darndest things all right! loved them all!

Brooke said...

Your kids are so curious oh I mean hilarious

Unknown said...

Those were to cute!