Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fishing with Dad

I'm working a little behind here but a few weeks before school started we decided to try our hand at getting some crawfish.  We bought a crawfish trap on our anniversary date (Romantic, aren't we?! Ten years - it's gone so fast!!).

It was a super hot day and, I'll admit, I wasn't a very good sport.  It didn't take long before I was frustrated to be there with whiney kids and a cranky baby who just couldn't sleep in the heat.  It was tough to be trying to keep Reed out of the sun in a spot where there was virtually no shade.  Maneuvering our little garage sale blow-up boat was no picnic and it was just. so. hot!  To top it all off, we didn't catch a single fish or crawfish.

Jaron wanted to go fishing a week or so after this and I said, 
"No offense, but I don't want to come this time." 
And he said,
"No offense, but I don't want you to come this time."
Haha.

All in all, I think the kids did have fun (we only lasted about 3 hours before bailing for home).  I enjoyed fishing when we'd go with Jaman and Brigetta all the time before we had kids but I think my new rule is only 5 years+ gets to go fishing. :)





 And we have been harvesting from our mini garden!  It's made up of four pots (cherry tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and watermelon) and a bunch of tomato plants grown in milk jugs.  The garden almost didn't survive us traveling this summer, even though we had neighbors watering it for us, but it has made quite a comeback!  The kids (and I as well) love the idea of growing our own food!
 And I thought this was too cute.  Gracen drew this picture for Aunt Cassy.  It's of our family.  Except Alden and Eli aren't in it.  And that big bug lookin' thing?  That's Reed, swaddled in his blanket. :)
P.S. The above two pictures were taken on two different days but this atrocious purple "princess dress" is Gracen's most usual form of dress around the house. :)

0 comments: