Christmas was so fun this year! Because of finishing school, some of our regular traditions fell to the wayside. I never finished getting my decorations up. But our kids are at really fun Christmas ages and we are all in love with the season, except poor old Jaron. I laughed out loud when I saw this on Pinterest because it describes us perfectly:
Since we had just finished reading the Book of Mormon as a family at the end of November, throughout December we focused on reading the picture New Testament Stories book put out by our church. We also read Christmas stories every night and I've decided that over the next few years I want to try and grow our collection of feel-good Christmas stories so that we have one to read each night.
LOVE this group of people!
Alden insisted that we have our tiny little nativity in the picture (on the present). :)
Our tree was one that I found at a garage sale this summer. I never looked at the specs of it - I bought it because it was $10! We set it up and it was about 5 feet tall so we hoisted it up on a mailing box to make up for the lack of height. :) Unfortunately I never noticed the poor condition of the tree's decorations before taking this picture! Haha, our tree doesn't get left alone much.
Christmas morning:
Grandma and Grandpa Brunson's gifts were definitely favorites,
as was this video game from Santa.
Santa also did good when he hit up the Halloween clearance sales.
Gracen opened this Ariel costume from The Little Mermaid and immediately went upstairs to put it on. She spent much of the rest of the morning trying to open gifts with flimsy little white gloves on. Oh how she makes me smile. :)
Reed wasn't sure what was better: the paper or the gift inside.



0 comments:
Post a Comment