Sunday, November 16, 2014

Happy Birthday, Gracen!

Gracen is five.  For awhile before her birthday, we teased her that we would put only four candles on her cake so 'cause we really like her being little.  After awhile she got really upset about it and said she really wanted to get older.  Sweet girl.  

We celebrated her birthday with friends and a "Frozen" themed party.
 We played some fun, easy classic party games like "What time is it, Queen Elsa?"
 And instead of musical chairs we played musical snowflakes (one had a "hot spot" and they had to melt like Olaf) - thanks to Pinterest for that idea.
Gracen opened her presents.  Her friends were so generous!  And Gracen loved everything...except the Schleich cow that sweet little Elyse's mom said she insisted on buying for her.  Gracen opened that one and said, "Um, I don't like cows!"  :D


 We made candy Olafs.
 The kids were really into this activity.

 We had a "Frozen" dinner of snowflake sandwiches, frozen grapes, Olaf cheese strings, and "every kid likes them" goldfish crackers. My sweet friend, Meli, insisted on helping me for the party, even though she's almost as pregnant as I am. I could get used to having a second set of adult hands around for parties (Jaron does NOT like birthday parties so we plan them for when he isn't around. :D).  In all honesty, she pretty much did all the work for the party, enabling me to take plenty of pictures.
We sang happy birthday and ate cupcakes.


 Why is it that no kids like Anna?  She's the main character!  I saw about a hundred Elsa's for Halloween this year but only one Anna.
On her actual birthday we celebrated as a family with cake and presents from family.
I don't know why but this picture makes me laugh.  Gracen is blowing out her candles while loving on her favorite gift (Mermaid Barbie) and Eli and Reed look just. so. excited.  Haha. 


At five, Gracen is a ray of sunshine.  If I could custom-order a daughter, I honestly can't think of what I'd change.  She's a super happy girl and has a great attitude about most everything.  She's a social person and loves to have her friends Sienna and Elyse over to play.  She also still misses her Boise friend, Chloe, terribly.  Gracen spends most of her play time with dolls, Barbies, and dress-ups.  She is one tough chick, usually bouncing up from an injury with a quick, "I'm okay!"  Gracen loves her preschool class but asks constantly how many more months until she gets to go to kindergarten.  She has learned to read through the Hooked on Phonics books but is loving the Dick and Jane anthology she got for her birthday. She is just starting to show an interest in what she's wearing and will sometimes ask if her outfit matches.  At haircut time last week, instead of the usual "keep it as long as you can, Mom" trim, she insisted on a shorter, shoulder-length hair cut like her friend Elyse's.  Gracen is a great helper and is eagerly anticipating the arrival of a baby girl in our family.  She is quite insistent that the baby sleep with her at night and I just might take her up on that offer. ;)

We sure love you, Gracie-Lou!

1 comments:

Denison's said...

Happy Birthday to Gracen! So sad I forgot to send something, I had totally meant to but things have been crazy! Another one of your awesome parties, I think I need to learn more from you on how to throw a party. :-)