I think I always have good intentions at the beginning of summer. After all, we're going to have all this time on our hands - think of all we'll accomplish! :D
This year I decided we would do some summer school activities to keep those creative juices flowing. We made a "star chart" and for each activity or 3 workbook sheets or 20 minutes of reading the kids earned a star. With their stars they could buy treats or extra Wii time or earn money. The activities only lasted about halfway through summer but the kids continued to earn stars all the way through. Here are a few of the activities that I took pictures. All of the ideas are from Pinterest, of course!
Lego minifigure playground. (Once in awhile Alden puts a shirt on, I swear!)
Magnet ladybug maze.
Garbage marble run.
The art of bubbles.
Building a Lego boat that could hold the most pennies. A combination of depth and area seemed to be the secret!
Overall, it was a fantastic experience. I didn't put pressure on myself to do it everyday, we just did it whenever we had time or whenever the kids wanted to. I wish I had taken pictures of more of what we had done! It's still August and I already can't remember many of the activities!












0 comments:
Post a Comment