For some reason, I can't move these pictures down in my post. But here's the explanation for them:
6 1/2 years ago (Yikes! Has it really been that long??) I lived in my first college apartment with my first and last roommates ever. Jennie Heggie, Stephanie Mantei, Kimberly Bassett, Amber Cole, Marie Armstrong and I lived it up in Apt #15 of Riviera while we all attended BYU-I. I guess we should count Jaron in that list since he was dubbed our 7th roommate, given that he spent more time in our apartment than his. 6 1/2 years later, would you believe we all still keep in touch? We regularly e-mail each other and even though we're now spread across the US and Canada (right now it's Alberta, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico and Missouri), we even get in a visit once in awhile.
This weekend, Kim and her husband and two little girls (each about a year older than each of my boys) came to visit us. Kim and Danen live so far in the middle of nowhere (in the great state of Wyoming) that they had to come down to Denver for Danen to get a root canal. Did we mercilously tease them for this? OH YES!!! But we were happy when they decided to make a weekend of it to come and visit us. We had a blast together.
While they were here, we hit the Denver Children's Museum. The first thing we saw when we walked in was a huge firetruck. The kids were able to climb in it and try on fireman gear and everything. We wandered up the stairs and they had a little workshop there full of great craft supplies - egg cartons, milk jugs, plastic food containers, pipe cleaners, feathers, etc. with child-sized little work benches. Alden and Jaron sat down to start a project but nothing materialized because Alden caught sight of the huge train room across the hall. This room had 3 or 4 connecting train table with loads of tracks and train cars. Alden threw a fit when I finally pulled him away but he was pacified when he saw the child-sized basketball court. At this point, I was thinking we'd just hit rooms full of Alden's 3 favorite things - firetrucks, trains and balls. He was in heaven! Next we wandered over to the cutest little child-sized store. It had mini shopping carts and small shelves and bins full of food. The little check-out stand was just Alden's size. He had so much fun shopping like mom. The next room we hit was a little forest room designed to allow the kids to be able to pretend they were squirrels or birds. It had a big tree for climbing (with a slide that tunneled into the middle), nests, giant acorns and worms to gather and stash, and costumes. The last area we hit was the under 4 area that was like a little village with tons for the kids to do. We had such a fun time at the Children's Museum!
We also went swimming at our Rec center while Kim and Danen were here. I like to take the boys there about once a month to keep them used to the water. It was fun for Alden to go and be able to have some friends to play with.
Thanks for coming and visit us, Kim and Danen! We can't wait till you come again!!!
P.S. Kim - These are all the photos I have of this weekend - please send me some!
4 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! I want to come visit! ;) (if we weren't broke!) So glad you enjoyed Twilight! They are fun books & my family has completely been ignored for them also! Yours should be glad you fed them pizza & not cheerios from the floor :)
So happy for blogging to keep in touch! BEST WISHES for everything going on with you in Colorado! It's an exciting & frustrating adventure starting a new business- I wouldn't wish it on anyone! :)
Yes, I need to email you my pictures. I haven't forgotten, I promise, I just need more than two minutes to myself so I can do it! Thanks again for the awesome weekend!
Hooray for children's museums! They are so fun--I wish I could have gone to one when I was young--our town doesn't have one, but I'm sure Seattle does--we'll have to check it out! Cleveland had an amazing children's museum that had a whole room full of sand for digging--little Skyler's dream land!
oh man that looks like so much fun! i cant wait until chloe is big enough to explore and play! i am jealous you and kim got to play for a whole weekend i want to see you guys!!
Post a Comment