It's crazy that Gracen has been with us a month already. Life is CRAZY with three age 3 and under but I think I am enjoying Gracen as a newborn more than I did the other two. I feel so much more confident as a mom this time. It helps that I question myself less but it also helps that Gracen is my "best" baby yet - meaning she has been easy to put on a loose schedule and is a pretty predictable baby. She eats roughly every three hours then spends an hour to two hours awake and then naps. She's generally easy to put down for a nap unless I miss the "window" and she becomes overtired. That is pretty much the only time she cries. When she is awake, her eyes are so big and bright! She looks around like she can't wait to take it all in. I can't wait for her personality to develop more so that I can get to know her. I am so excited to have a daughter!
Alden and Eli are awesome kids. I am so thankful my kids have the personalities that they do - I could not have had three so close together if they didn't! We have our challenges, of course, but I really couldn't ask them to be better little boys. They are so helpful and they both have adjusted to baby Gracen so well. I was surprised at how well Eli adjusted since he's such a Momma's boy. Both boys love to talk to her and love to rub her head like it's Budda's belly; hence Gracen's cute little hair is always full of stickies and crumbs. Alden loves to hold her but doesn't last long - she is probably about 11 lbs now, afterall!
We all miss Daddy and can't wait until he gets here in 2 weeks. Jaron is studying his heart out in what is supposed to be his hardest semester of med school. Although it's been hard to be apart throughout all this in a lot of ways, in some ways it's worked out for the best. I can't imagine adding sleepless nights to Jaron's plate and having him still survive his classes. It's true what they say - absence makes the heart grow fonder. Being away from each other has made Jaron and I appreciate each other more. As we've been apart, it's also struck me again and again how grateful I am that Jaron and I have been married in the temple and that our family will be together even after this life. There is nothing more important!
My only complaint right now is sleep. Oh how I miss sleep! Me and my three kiddos are all sleeping in the same room and somehow they can never coordinate to wake me up at the same time. In fact, it seems they get together and decide to gang up on me. As soon as one goes down, another is up crying. I am up MANY times a night but hardly ever with more than one child at once - sometimes for hours at a time. But, it's only sleep, right?!?
5 comments:
I can't believe how bg our baby is!! She is so pretty! I love the pics. Give everyone hugs and kisses from us.
BECKY!
(I can't ever put your name in lower case letters. I'm always that excited to say hello to you!)
Your children are BEAUTIFUL.
3? Isn't that amazing?! Gracen looks like such a beautiful girl - and your boys - they're so handsome!
How long are you going to be in Idaho for?
We may be travelling down that way the end of December...
She is such a doll, and your boys are getting so big! You are still Superwoman, and I am amazed at all you do (and still manage to keep your sanity!). We miss you guys, and hope things continue to go well!
Becky I don't know how you do it! You are amazing. Your kids are so cute. Hopefully you'll get some more sleep when Jaron arrives.
Love LOve LOVe LOVE the pics Becky. Your little girl is just so adorable!!!
Post a Comment