To me, the hardest thing about having a new baby is the lack of sleep. The second hardest thing is the lack of SELFISH time. At this point, I go to bed as soon as my kids do at night because the first few hours seem to be the best sleep I get. This habit, however, is seriously curbing my ME time. Well, right this moment I have found a rare moment of SELFISH time and am LOVING it! Alden is out with Grandma and Grandpa at cousin Jenna's birthday bash. I stayed home with Eli because he's got goopy green stuff flowing from his nose. Well, Eli fell asleep on the couch in front of a Baby Einsteins movie at 6:00! That leaves me and baby girl Gracen here who has been awake for a shockingly long time but seems to be just chillin' with me while I spend (waste?!) time on the computer blogging and Facebooking.
And while I am sitting here, thinking of myself, I am thinking of things I want to work on in the coming year:
- Me. I have loads of baby weight that need shedding from 3 babies in 3 years (Okay, that's my excuse but really it's from my awful chocolate/ice cream habit.). This is the year to shed it, baby! I also want to work on discovering THE haircut and obtaining it. (You know - the one that is easy to "do" and can be pulled up and back from the face but still makes my awfully thick, frizzy hair look GREAT.)
- A hobby. When people ask me what my hobbies are, I sit there with my mouth slightly open and then mutter, "Um, my children?" This year I want to work on a hobby that I love.
1 comments:
Hey there superwoman!
I thought this post was great - it's always great to have goals. I've found setting/achieving goals while being a mom the perfect thing to help me feel like Kristin.
Way to go!
I can't wait to meet Gracen. and see the boys. and see YOU!
Post a Comment