Monday, September 13, 2010

Alden's First Bike and Grandpa's Pool

We finally got Alden his first bike.  He's wanted one for so long and I kept having to tell him "When we get back to the "States!"  I managed to score one at DI for $10.  Unfortunately, the $5 bike I got for Eli turned out not to be such a bargain so we're still in the market for a tricycle or small bike for him.  Sweet little Eli has been a good sport about not having a bike yet, though - pushing Alden whenever he got stuck.  Alden really took to the whole pedaling thing fast and has got it down after just a couple of days.  All day he asks if he can go out and ride his bike. (I should have made this investment a LONG time ago!!)
We've been having other fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house too.  Jumping on the trampoline seems to be a favorite, as well as going out in the evenings with Grandpa to do chores (feeding the dogs and the birds).  We've also been up to a few of our old tricks in new places.  Grandpa's old swingset has been perfect for us.
And I can't say enough good things about bathtubs.  Oh how I missed them!  It is wonderful to be able to soak in a hot tub when you have a cold (We never spent a day sick on Saba and we've ALL been sick already since we've been back!).  It is awesome to be able to bathe all 3 of my kids in one round!
Today we "helped" Grandpa take down the pool.  They left it up for us but, man, it is FREEZING here!  I make my kids go to the park in winter coats already and all the other crazy kids are in shorts and t-shirts!  How will we ever survive the winter?!

Anyway, back to the pool.  Gracen kept trying to crawl in and I kept pulling her out.  She'd scream and fuss and then a minute later climb right back in.  So I let her go to town, despite the (obviously) dirty water.
Then Eli decided that looked like way too much fun.  So he got in.  Then Alden got in.  I took off their pants to keep them from getting wet.
I should have taken off all their clothes because in no time they were drenched, despite the freezing cold water!
But nobody got wetter than Gracie!  Man this girl is a handful these days.  I have a feeling that my work is just beginning though - good thing she's so darned cute!!

2 comments:

AKutarna said...

haha they are too cute!

Lisha said...

good luck acclimatising! you're kids are sooo cute!