This year Eli turned 3. He said he wanted a train cake and then the day before we celebrated his birthday, he saw a "present" cake instead. So I made both. The train is out of a set of shaped silicone cupcake holders that my great friend Rachel gave us.
Jaron's brother Ben, his wife Melissa and their two daughters Katelyn and Jenna came over to help us celebrate.
Even Gracie got some cake.
We had cake and presents on the Sunday before Eli's birthday so he could have almost a whole week to enjoy his gifts before Christmas came. Jaron and I gave him a Fisher Price Little People train from 1973 that I scored at a garage sale this summer. The on Wednesady, Eli's actual birthday, we went to Blast Off, an indoor playground and arcade center. It's inexpensive and the kids LOVE it....but I forgot to take my camera.
At three years old, Eli is happy, sensitive, and fun. He is often the peacemaker with both of his siblings and shows them a lot of love. He still likes to snuggle, especially with Mom. He won't let me out of his sight to go to nursery, something I hope we can work on when he starts preschool in a few weeks. Eli loves to laugh. His laugh is deep and long and hearty and always makes me smile when I hear it, which is often. Eli love, love, LOVES trains. He also likes airplanes and trucks. Eli likes to run, especially naked when he gets away from me between clothes and jammies in the evenings. We are sure grateful to have Eli in our home!!
1 comments:
I love those cakes you made, so cute!!!
Post a Comment