Sunday, January 15, 2012

Crown Center with the Jensens

What a way to start the new year - seriously behind on my blog!  A few weeks ago we had the chance to go to Crown Center in downtown KCMO with the wonderful Jensen family.  I don't know why I can't get that second picture to center. :-)
Amber Jensen is my roommate from my undergrad days in Idaho.  Her family just moved to the area and it's been fun to get to hang out so much with them.  All of my college roommates are amazing ladies and we still keep in touch even though it's been (really?!) NINE years!!

Crown Center is a mall owned by Hallmark, whose headquarters are in Kansas City.  We went to their visitor's center which had fascinating dresses and shoes made out of Christmas cards!  There was an incredible history of Hallmark cards there but we didn't get to spend much time there because we were scheduled into a session at Keleidoscope.
 Keleidoscope is a fun area to go in and use your creativity to create art.  The kids had a blastcreating superhero capes and puzzles.
 We walked down the skywalks that led to Union Station.  One skywalk had an amazing view of the Kansas City skyscape.
 This is the roof in Union Station.  Beautiful!

 On the way back to the van we found this amazing gingerbread house display!  Unbelievable!!

We also got to spend New Year's Eve with the Jensen Family.  We had a ham dinner and then did the Jensen's tradition of donuts on a string.

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

So fun! I'm jealous you guys get to get together like that. I just wish I could join you! :)