Our neighbors keep a list of the cute things their kids say and it inspired me to write some of ours down. I've been jotting them down at the back of my current homework notebook and here's a few that I've recorded.
Quite a few of them come from the sweet prayers our kids are saying lately.
Most of them were much funnier in the moment.
You may not find them funny at all.
But they're pretty sweet to me!
Eli (crying): I wiped my raindrops on you!
~
Mom: Good job, kid!
Gracen: I not kid, I Gracie!
~
Eli's prayer: ...Thank you that we could go inside the temple. (It was the KC temple open house.) And thank you that we could have Easter and go on Easter hunts. Thank you for the whole neighborhood and all of our neighbors...
~
Gracen, coming downstairs after a bath: Look at my hair! Alden brushed it and now I can dance.
~
Alden's prayer: ...Thank you for second chances...
~
Gracen (The ice cream truck had just driven by playing "It's a Small World"): Hey, that's my song!
~
Mom: What should we eat when we're camping this weekend? How about cold cereal for breakfast?
Alden: Sure. And then can we go hunting and eat a deer for lunch?
~
Gracen (watching Transformers): Oh my! Look at that!
~
Mom (at a neighborhood BBQ potluck): What do you want for dinner, Grace?
Gracen: A big stack of cookies, like this (gesturing).
~
Eli: Mom, when you hug me it makes me think of Jesus.
~
Dad: Eli, can you swim across the river?
Eli: Yeah.
Dad: Grace, can you swim across the river?
Gracen: Yeah, but I can sink too.
~
Gracen: Mommy? I want to run faster than Alden and Eli.
~
Eli's prayer (as we started to drive back from Idaho): ...bless us to drive safe, bless us to not crash, bless us to not fly out the window...amen.
Gracen: Fly out the window?!
~
2 comments:
I laughed.
My favourite was thanks for second chances.
Too funny. ( I'm thankful for that as well though, second chances, and thirds, and 4ths...)
Miss ya girl!
I teared up at the second chances prayer- thanks for sharing Becky!
Post a Comment