Saturday, June 1, 2013

Back in Kansas...

Amidst all that's happened over the last few weeks, I haven't gotten a chance to post the last of our Kansas pictures.

Right before we moved, Alden lost his first tooth!  He cried way back in kindergarten about being the "only kid" at school who hadn't lost a tooth.  Needless to say, he was pretty excited.  He was equally excited to learn that the tooth fairy trades him a dollar for each tooth.  Alden has become quite the saver and has developed a decent sized bank account over the last few years.
 
I know my kids are way too old to bathe each other.  But it's just so easy that way.  And they just have so much fun. :) Here they were showing me their "wild hair."
We got to do some fun things with friends before we left Kansas.  We hit Deanna Rose Farmstead on a beautiful morning.  We'll definitely miss Deanna Rose this summer, with it's free petting zoos, parks, etc.  But we'll miss the people we went with even more!



Right before we left we got to have dinner with Jaron's brother's family one more time. We didn't take advantage of living so close to them near enough!
After Jaron and the kids took off, my friends spoiled me by making sure I didn't have a chance to be lonely.  Ashlee came over and helped me clean the apartment.  RaDawn took me out to a new vietnamese restaurant for lunch.  That night I had dinner at Amy's.  The next day a bunch of us gathered at Marilyn's for an Asian lunch and that night Billie took me out to dinner and the ballet.  I managed to get pictures of almost none of all that. :(  I am sure missing the great group of friends we had in Kansas!


0 comments: