I can't even explain how much we're lovin' little Reed! He has a pretty mellow temperament so far and we're loving every day that he gets more and more aware of what's around him.
When we consulted with a cardiologist before Reed's birth, we decided to take a low intervention route and have him not be on medication once the medicine I was taking for him wore off. He seemed to do well for the first few days but then when he was 10 days old we caught his little heart hammering away at about 240 bpm. It converted back down but hovered in the 180s range throughout the night (a normal infant heart rate is 120-160). We called the doctor in the morning (who called us back from Panama where he's doing a medical mission!) and got him a medication to start on. As far as we can tell he's responding to the med well and his heart has been in the normal range every time we've checked it.
I never thought a stethoscope would mean so much to me! :)
I'm a swaddler and Reed seems to always manage to poke his little feet out of the bottom.
So far he's been sleeping excellently...all day long. He takes these super solid naps and I have to wake him up to eat almost every time. He has no problem waking up every 3 hours to eat in the night, however!
The kids can't get enough of him during the few short hours that he's awake each day. They each love holding him, talking to him, drawing pictures for him to look at, and sweet little Gracen sloves to sing to him.
In other news, Alden made this "Harry Potter" and "Hungarian Horntail" dragon out of Knex that I thought was pretty creative!
4 comments:
what a cutie! I think he looks a lot like little Gracen. I'm glad that he's doing well. Are you guys loving Idaho? I'm so happy for you guys.
Gah! He's so beautiful Becky!
I'm thankful for modern medicine every day (insulin!) and I'm sure your fam is especially thankful for modern medicine right now in our lives as well.
Love you!
I'm a bad commenter, but I'm loving these updates!! I'm so glad things are settling in for you. I love your big house. :). Reed is adorable. You are missed out here!!
Ahhh! I love the pictures of baby Reed! He looks wonderful!
Post a Comment