I haven't blogged in too long so this is a lots-of-things-smashed-together post.
First up, I have the BEST baby ever. Seriously!! If all my babies were like Reed, I'd have AT LEAST four more. He started sleeping 6-8 hours every night around 4 weeks old. It's been the weirdest, most enjoyable thing to have a newborn but not have the new mommy fatigue to go with it. Because he's so good at night, I absolutely spoil him during the day and I'm enjoying it as much as he is. I feed him whenever he wants, rock or feed him to sleep, and spend tons of time exchanging coos with him. Bottom line: I am IN LOVE with this handsome little guy!!
When he was 3 weeks old we took him to Idaho Falls to bless him in Jaron's parents' ward. This was pre-sleeping through the night and I didn't have the energy to worry about a white outfit. So this is what the studly guy looked like on blessing day!
All of Jaron's siblings are awesome enough to drop everything like they don't have lives and come hang out with us when we're there. Thanks for always making us feel the love, Brunson siblings! We snapped a picture of all the grandkids there (only Abe and Kayla's four are missing). That's a LOT of grandkids in just a few years!!
Sweet sleeping Reed. I know, I take blurry pictures - sorry! Look at them pouty lips!
The kids all got along fabulously with their cousins considering they hadn't seen them in way too long. These two were especially cute together. This is Grace with Alissa's oldest, Brooke. They're gonna be best buds I'm pretty sure! I took them to the mall while the boys were fishing with Dad and Grandpa. I had a blast with them.
Jaron forgot his sunglasses so he adopted Gracen's for the drive back from IF. I had to take a picture. He told me he's my "Rhinestone Cowboy." Haha, this guy cracks me up.
Right around Reed's three week birthday Jaron started orientation at Family Medicine Residency of Idaho. We went to a few shindigs they hosted. The kids weren't sure what to think of this whole smoked pig at the family BBQ. I still can't believe Jaron has his MD!
The first few weeks of residency have been long hours and a steep learning curve but Jaron is loving it. He's doing labor and delivery right now and he's already delivered several babies into this world! So proud of my man!!
We found this play house at a garage sale and stuffed it into the back of the van. We tied the back hatch with a pair of nylons from the "free box" to get it home. Gracen immediately moved in her little kitchen and set up house. Eli immediately climbed on the roof and started howling as the self-designated house's warewolf. I just love gender differences. Unfortunately, the kids don't play in it anymore, they only play ON it! Oh well, as long as they're outside. :)
On July 4th our neighbors invited us to the parade in the tiny town of Melba. It was perfect - traffic wasn't too bad, we got great seats, and they threw TONS of candy. After the parade the neighborhood hosted a little bike parade. We had fun decorating our bikes and participating.
Notice Eli's shirt? I told the kids to get dressed in red shirts for July 4th and 2 out of 3 came downstairs dressed in Canada shirts. Haha. Nice.
My cute, cute little poser in the cheerleading outfit Aunt Cassy bought her when she was here. Love her and how she insists on wearing these purple Croc boots everywhere (even to church)!
Jaron had to hit the hospital at 5:30 the next morning so we opted out of the fireworks show downtown and lit some off in the middle of the street with the neighborhood gang. I think the kids had just as much fun as they would have going to the big show.
Sweet little Reedster has been smiling for weeks and I FINALLY managed to catch it on camera! Ugh, love, love, love him! Not only does he sleep at night, but he is a fabulous baby by day too. We haven't really had any crying spells. Best baby ever!
He just loves to coo and talk to anyone who talks to him.
We love our neighborhood. Within easy walking distance is the neighborhood pool, several parks, the library, and a little grocery store with a post office in it. It seems like I hardly ever drive the van anymore. We're bike riding a lot instead.
On one of our bike rides, we found out that the boulevard on the way to the park is lined in plum trees! We picked several and made this yummy "plum buckle" for family home evening treat that night. Now Alden is pressuring me to let him sell plums on the side of the road. I can't decide if I should crush his little entrepreneurial spirit or actually let him. Maybe I can persuade him in the direction of lemonade instead.
We hit up the library at least a couple of times a week because it's so close and they have so many great kids' activities. On this day we painted costumes for the "under the sea dance party."
Alden was very upset when one of his octopus legs (tentacles?) broke off.
You should see this girl dance. She's got moves!





2 comments:
UGH! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Oh man I realized I haven't checked any blogs of the family for w-a-y too long. So much to catch up on. You always catch the most little intimate moments of the kids on camera! Love your posts and definitely proud of a great family!
Post a Comment