Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween

 For Halloween this year we had ourselves a cat, Harry Potter, a ghost, and a bear.  Gracen changed her mind about what she wanted to be almost daily.  So the week of Halloween I made her a black tutu that could become a witch, a cat, or a ballerina at the last moment. :)

Eli is definitely the most into ghoulishness of all the kids. He was adamant about having a spooky costume.  He was seriously disatisfied by the lack of hauntedness still going on in our house after our decorations were up (which...I never got pics of!  Darn!)
 Is it just me or does my little bear look REALLY big?! :(  Actually, all these kiddos look really big, now that I mentioned it!

It's tradition in our church to do a trunk or treat.  Our ward here does theres right on Halloween, just before trick or treating started.  Gracen's cute little friend, Lexi (who had borrowed Grace's cheerleading dress up), found us and followed us through the trunk or treat.  They were holding hands the whole time - too cute!  Lexi's mom said she'd been talking about trick or treating with Gracen all week.  So sweet!

 Jaron ended up getting off work at a decent hour.  At first I wanted to make trick or treating a whole family event but Jaron didn't want to make someone else hand out our candy. Reed also didn't need to be out in the cold.  Jaron ended up taking the kids and I stayed home to hand out candy.  I got the house cleaned up while they were gone and, ironically, got the Halloween decorations taken down.

 The kids went almost all the way around our subdivision and came back with their buckets full.
Our new dentist here is adamant that it doesn't matter how much sugar you eat, it just matters how often.  In light of that advice, I'm letting the kids eat as much candy as they want each time they get it (and brushing their teeth afterward), rather than allowing them only a few pieces and having the candy last into the new year.  So far it seems to be working well!  I expect we'll be through our candy in another week or two!

1 comments:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood where you could safely go actual trick or treating. My kiddos have yet to experience that. Maybe some day. Looks like so much fun.