Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Traditions

We got ourselves a $5 Christmas tree tag and drove out to the mountains to get ourselves a tree.  It was crazy that there was no snow in town but 30 minutes away, there was several feet!
 We pulled up to what looked like the perfect spot (as in, not far off the road - we were in a minivan!).  Reed fell asleep on the way there so I stayed in the van and Jaron took the kids out. There was this little creek that the kids weren't sure how they'd get over. 
 Jaron picked them up and threw them over it.  They loved it.
 It felt good to be up in the forest!
 They picked a beauty, albeit a large one.
 When we got it in the house, it only fit one place: the middle of the vaulted ceiling and therefore the middle of the room.  We had fun decorating it.  We enjoyed our real tree but I did look forward to the day we'd have our living room back, too. :D
We also went to visit the mall santa.  Once again they wouldn't let us take a picture with Santa unless we paid for it.  I'm too cheap for that, especially since none of the kids would get close to santa except Alden.  Eli actually hid in the stroller and wouldn't even come into the display.  :D  Alden asked Santa for a bb gun, Eli asked for a Skylander, and at Santa's suggestion, Gracen asked for girl Lego.


3 comments:

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

Ah Becky! I'm so grateful when you blog.
It's really my favourite :)
I love your tree, I LOVED your belly pics. I think pregnancy is one of the most beautiful things. Looks good on everyone. (even though the women experiencing it always say, "but not them")
Love you and your fam!
Kiss that little babe for me!

Andrea said...

what a fun tradition to cut down your own tree. it looks like you picked a great one too. beautiful.

Denison's said...

I have never cut down a tree from the forest before but it looks fun! I love how Jaron threw the kids over the creek, that is awesome!