I seem to hate the idea of my kids missing out on something fun, just because we have a new baby in the family. Our town hosts this fun "cabin fever" day each winter where a bunch of local businesses offer free activities so people can get out.
We started off the day at a free karate class. The kids had fun breaking a board and then playing a game with noodles. The instructor was nice enough to let Reed join in the fun.
Next we hit up the museum and the planetarium.
Reed and Gracen only lasted a few minutes in the dark of the planetarium show, which is too bad because it looked really cool. Stars and the stories people have attached to them are interesting to me.
All the kids loved the museum. There were lots of fossils, which is right up Alden's alley.
And lots of gems and precious stones - right up Eli's alley.
They also had a reptile show going on and all the kids got to hold snakes.
There was a section on Native American history which was pretty neat too.
Lastly, we went bowling. As soon as we pulled up and the parking lot was packed, I felt like we should bag the idea. But the kids were SO excited to go bowling so we went in. It was crazy in there but the man told us it would probably only be a 20 minute wait for a lane so we waited. It took much longer than 20 minutes and I kept telling the kids we might have to just leave (Reed was exhausted at this point) but they kept begging me to wait a little longer.
A 2.5 HOUR wait later, it was our turn. By that point everybody was tired. Because we couldn't get a lane with bumpers, the kids were frustrated that they kept getting gutter balls. I was frustrated trying to keep Reed from getting in the way of our bowling neighbors. We actually didn't even finish the whole 10 rounds - around the 8th round I just told the kids it was over and we left. Ha.
We probably did too much but it was a SUPER fun day!












2 comments:
man alive you are one of the most independent, brave women that I know! I would never do all those things with my kiddos!
Keep up the blogging - i love it :)
It's always nice to get out. You have cute kids, and you are a great mom.
Post a Comment