That's right. It's March and I'm blogging Christmas. But, hey, I'm blogging Christmas!!
We had the missionaries from our ward at church join us this year. In our church missionaries are young men and women who leave their families for two years or eighteen months respectively to serve away from their families. Missionaries are called all around the world and only have contact with their families through emails, letters, and phone calls on Christmas and Mother's Day. Elder Schild from Texas and Elder Beazer from Arizona joined us this year for Christmas morning.
We let the kids open their stockings when they woke up but they were good sports about waiting to open gifts until after breakfast. We had cinnamon buns and Elder Schild's family's tradition of omelets for breakfast.
Then the gifts began!
Older siblings are always so helpful with opening gifts.
These were very wanted items! Guess santa thought they were mature enough this year!
I think these were probably Gracen's favorite gifts. She's worn that nightgown so much that we ended up buying her a second one, but pink. She also LOVED this tutu that aunt Cassy made for her.
We got the elders a few things but I also contacted their mothers and they each sent packages to our house as a surprise for their missionaries.
Santa brought Jaron this little table tennis set. Jaron declared that our table was much too small for it but we had fun with it anyway.
Sweet little Adelyn pretty much slept through her first Christmas. :)


1 comments:
I almost can't believe how awesome you are. Except that I've seen it firsthand, so I know it's true. You are so incredibly thoughtful and kind. New baby, husband in residency, Christmas--why not invite the missionaries and make them a special breakfast and plan ahead enough to have their family send them Christmas packages too? You are amazing.
Post a Comment