The boys had an opportunity to play football this year. I had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I think sports can teach kids a lot. On the other hand, tackle football when you're 8 and 10 years old?!
The season was only 5 weeks long but it was intense - games and practices 6 days a week. I hesitated to sign up - I really cherish our evening time with the kids. It feels busy enough with homework and dinner and I'm very protective of that time as a family! Some of the weeknight games were an hour away so between the two teams (3&4 grade, 5&6 grade), there were some nights that were a 4-10pm commitment. I'll be honest - I came to resent it. And so did Eli, even though he was pretty good and got a lot of playing time. Midway through the season Eli was complaining that he had football AGAIN. Alden on the other hand got almost no time on the field at all (he's easily distracted and doesn't really pay attention to what's going on on the field) and yet said he absolutely wanted to play again next year. Hmmm.
Eli. Always good for a pose. :D
Alden is on the end in the yellow sleeves!
The best part of football to me was the beautiful sunsets. :D






0 comments:
Post a Comment