Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Las Vegas

Jaron and I have never been away together overnight since we've had kids.  To celebrate residency graduation, we decided to just go ahead and do a getaway! We hired my college roommate, Kim, to take the kids and she was awesome to take on five kids in addition
to her four for five days.

My first impressions of Vegas were kind of shocking - dirty and poverty and low morals everywhere. We spent a few days walking the strip but were so grateful that we decided to stay at Trump tower.  It was a totally different atmosphere - no smoking, no gambling, and classy people.

We enjoyed exploring the Strip for a few days, especially the huge buffet we splurged on and the outlets, but we cut our trip short when the Strip was just to wearing and we were ready to leave!




The coolest building!  We found it on the way to the outlets. I have no idea what it is.

Our view from our hotel was pretty sweet!


One of the days Jaron's Fitbit tracked us at over 11 miles!

And of course we gambled.  We each spent $1 on the penny/quarter slots.  Jaron got up to almost $5 before losing it all.  I scored $9 on a game and decided to cash in while I was still ahead of the game!

 If my internet here wasn't so miserably slow, I would have had the full chocolate Statue of Liberty and the licorice one.  The internet CRAWLS here and we pay a small fortune for it. :(



0 comments: