When we lived in Kansas, Jaron's cousin's wife, Brigetta, and I would trade off Sunday dinners. Now that we've moved away and I'm on my own as far as the kitchen goes, I seem to be struggling to whip up a respectable dinner each Sunday. Today we had homemade pizza - not your traditional Sunday dinner but it was tons of fun and super easy!
Here's the dough recipe: Mix 1c. warm water, 1 tsp sugar and 1 pkg (2 1/4 tsp) yeast. Let rise for 5 min. Add 1 tsp salt, 1/4 c. oil and 2 c. flour (I added quite a bit more - I always seem to have to with bread recipes for some reason!). Knead then spread on a pan or roll into breadsticks. Bake in the oven at 350 for 13-20 minutes (depending on thickness).
Jaron and Alden spread spaghetti sauce on theirs then added ham and mozzerella cheese. I brushed olive oil with garlic on mine, then topped it with peppers, red onion, mushrooms and cheese. YUMMY!! We had a blast making them - Alden loved getting to put his own toppings on. Bon Appetite!
Here's the dough recipe: Mix 1c. warm water, 1 tsp sugar and 1 pkg (2 1/4 tsp) yeast. Let rise for 5 min. Add 1 tsp salt, 1/4 c. oil and 2 c. flour (I added quite a bit more - I always seem to have to with bread recipes for some reason!). Knead then spread on a pan or roll into breadsticks. Bake in the oven at 350 for 13-20 minutes (depending on thickness).
Jaron and Alden spread spaghetti sauce on theirs then added ham and mozzerella cheese. I brushed olive oil with garlic on mine, then topped it with peppers, red onion, mushrooms and cheese. YUMMY!! We had a blast making them - Alden loved getting to put his own toppings on. Bon Appetite!

2 comments:
Becky
That is so funny. These past few Sunday's I have really struggles. Being ready to pop doesn't help but I SO miss every other Sunday. I told Jaman when we move we have to find someone to switch with. We sure miss you guys and hope all is well!!
Joe used to make homemade pizza for us. One time when we were at the "Y" we had some of his friends over for dinner and Joe made pizza. When it came out of the oven I'm looking at it thinking something's different but couldn't put my finger on it. We ate it anyway and everyone was saying how could it was. Well towards the end of the dinner someone made a comment and it dawned on me what was different about the pizza. Joe had forgotten the cheese. We all had a laugh about it. It was still good.
Post a Comment