Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Alden's Imagination


I can't remember if I've blogged about Alden's imagination yet or not. If so, sorry. If not, this kid's imagination is amazing. Often when we go places Alden will yell "Wait!" as I shut the door of the car after getting him out. "Wait! We have to get the mouse." When this first started I thought, "What? I didn't know Alden had a mouse toy." But I'd open the door of the car again and Alden would pluck a scoop of air (aka his "mouse") from his carseat. He'd carry the mouse around the entire time we were shopping, telling me to watch it do things and then he'd want it to sit with him on the way home. His other imaginary friends in the car have included fish and doggies.
Tonight, Alden pulled out his pink doll stroller. (Yes, Jaron is man enough to let his son play with a pink doll stroller. :-D) Not only did he push his doll around in it as a stroller but that thing also became a dump truck, a train and a helicopter. Do you remember what it was like to be a kid and have an imagination?!?

6 comments:

kyleandtaryn said...

What a cutie! I wonder when we stop letting our imaginations run wild...I remember my dolls being real, but I forget when they became just dolls. He's adorable Becky!

Kimberly said...

That's so fun. I remember my sister and I playing so well when we were young, we could think up and play anything and it would be SO REAL. I kinda wish it was still like that, so when I play with my girls, it would be easier for me to PLAY with them, ya know?

Ashlee said...

That's great! Gideon was playing yesterday and put his little stuffed bunny in a chair, opened a book for it to read, then started feeding it food and looking for it's bottle! It's so fun to see their creative little minds at work!

Ben and Melissa Brunson said...

Thats so cute and its so fun to watch. Katelyn pretty much does the same thing although I've never seen her have an imaginary friend. Reading your blog though got me thinking of the things I used to play and imagine when I was a kid...sigh...I had some great times. LOl

Genny Steed said...

What a little cutie!! I can't wait to see your boys again! We're gonna play until my imagination is reawakened!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I love your boys. I get a serious kick out of Alden. It's a great thing that he enjoys the company of a mouse instead of being terribly frightened of it! Can't wait to see you sometime soon!