Saturday, February 7, 2009

Why Friday Nights Once Again ROCK!!

When I turned about 14ish, my weekend nights suddenly became VERY important to me. At that point I was new to finding my way in the world of "socialness" so hanging out with my awesome group of way cool friends at someone's house every weekend was a MUST. We (probably almost) always had a blast. Well, as time went on Friday nights became...not very different from Tuesday nights. Or Wednesday nights. Or...well, you get the picture. But let me tell you why my Friday nights once again ROCK!!

A typical Friday finds me at Kids' Club in the morning. We all (well, except sometimes-a-stinker-Eli) love going to work at Kids' Club. Kids' Club rocks because I get to SOCIALIZE with other moms and Alden gets to socialize and RUN. After Kids' Club, we typically come home for lunch and pleasantly find that Jaron has taken off work and is home to hang with us FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. We all take a nap (well, not dad who doesn't believe in daytime naps for adults :-D), and then, if the weather is nice, we often find ourselves chillin' TOGETHER as a family at the park. Then, we generally have a leftovers supper which rocks because I DON'T HAVE TO COOK IT!

Now here comes the best part. Next, I take off to clean THIS:



A lovely model home (and a few others). And why is that the best part of my Friday night, you ask? Because while I'm gone here, dusting imaginary dust and vacuuming my footprints out of the room, my husband is at home cleaning THIS: Okay, that's not actually our house - it's a picture I pulled off the internet. But for all intents and purposes, except fo the little girl lying there, it might as well be our house! While I'm gone, Jaron is putting boys to bed, picking up toys, washing dishes, picking up mounds of clutter (that comes from no where, I swear!), washing real dirt of counters, vacuuming and scrubbing real guck from carpets, etc., etc. I leave in a house littered with clutter and little boy grimeys and come home to CLEANLINESS!!

So in a very Sarah Palin move, I'm going to say "I want to give a shout out to my awesome husband! Here's to you, Jaron!!" THANKS FOR MAKING MY FRIDAY NIGHTS ROCK AGAIN!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Becky! I love reading your blog.

Megan

Anonymous said...

What a great gig! Don't let Jaron in on the secret, that you have the better end of this deal. :) You deserve a break!

Also, I tagged you on my blog!