Once upong a time, MONTHS ago, I got lost while driving. Shocker, I know! Alden and Eli were in the car with me (as always) and as I was turning the car around, Alden asked, "Why we go dat way?" I told him mommy went the wrong way and got lost so mommy was turning around. His response was, "Nice driving, mom." Silly kid! I'm sure it was a sincere comment (?) but it sounded like such ridiculously funniness coming from a 2-year-old.
Anyway, since around the time of that incident, I've had a little backseat driver growing behind me. Sorry I don't have a picture of him - hopefully that will come soon when I finally, amidst the early-morning mad shuffle to get out the door in time, remember to take my camera. Anyway, while I'm driving, Alden constantly sounds devastated as he makes comments like, "I don't want to go dat way, Mom!" "No, we go DAT way!" "No turn, Mom!" "You went da wrong way!" Usually, it's funny. Occassionally, on a rough day, it's frustrating that little Alden and I are already having control issues over driving the car.
Recently, Alden has developed a new complaint with my driving. Now he is always saying to me, "I don't want to tick-tock, Mom!" What?!? I just ignored it for awhile, giving an absent-minded response of "Okay, Alden." Well, it finally occurred to me that Alden would complain of the "tick-tock" every time we turned. Then one morning on the way to work it dawned on me! Apparently, he hates the sound of the blinker when I signal to turn. Every time we turn, he complains of the "tick-tock" sound. Funny kid!!
Runters Family Photos
6 days ago
5 comments:
That is so funny! We sure miss you guys and would love for you guys to visit IF. Hope it works out to come soon!!
it's just begun! Alden is a pretty witty kid - gee, wonder where he gets that from?! Glad someone's there to take care of you when you're driving!
Awe, Alden is so cute. You can't help but have a good laugh when little kids are around. Good thing we have them.
My kids are all over the backseat driver bit, too -- except that Jon gets all worried and concerned if I DON'T use my blinker. :) funny kids!
He must be getting close to three & then he will know EVERYTHING! Just wait til he learns green means go & red means stop & which way right & left is- then he will be even MORE "helpful" :) Glad to hear someone else is getting bossed around too!
Post a Comment