I can't believe this belly has 3 months left of growth in it. Yikes! Thanks to my great new friend Amanda for taking this yesterday. Only she could make wood panelling look like a cool backdrop!
I was talking to Jaron's Dad on the phone this morning and I tried to describe our cute little car to him. He suggested I should put a picture of it on our blog. It's such a tiny car but perfect for Saba's tiny roads. (I've already "Saba kissed" it [i.e. scraped it on the rock walls lining the skinny roads] 3 times!) This isn't the actual car, it's a picture I stole from the internet. Unfortunately our computer has pretty much gone kapoot and it won't let me put my own pictures on here. Ours is pretty similar to this one, though, even the same color. Let me tell you, it's wild driving a stick shift on Saba's impossibly steep and small roads! And there's almost no such thing as car seats here - my kids just roll around the back seat as I navigate the sharp switchbacks. (We will borrow a friend's car seat for the new baby. It's PINK and everything! ;-D)

4 comments:
You look beautiful. WE are about the same size. I think our little girls are due about the same time.
I love the boxes, such a reminder of my life. We did this alot.
Becky -
you look fabulous! I can't wait to meet HER.
Your car is so cute. I'm not sure how much I'm liking all the "Saba kissing" though - scary!
Thanks for the updates - I LOVE THEM.
You are more beautiful than ever! I love reading about your adventures on the grand island of Saba--Reading of your experiences makes me realize even more what a strong and gifted person you are. Your positive attitude will carry you through anything. Will you deliver your baby GIRL on the island or go elswhere? I miss you and our WEEKLY Rs meetings/playgroup. Lisa's house sold at the beginning of June and what a relief for them. A mormon couple moved in 2 doors from Lisa's old house and I can't wait to get to know them.
Even though our friendship was short, it was inspiring to know you.
I had to laugh at the visual of Alden and Eli rolling around the backseat with all the twists and turns!! Made me laugh!! Just no bonking heads together.
Post a Comment