First of all, I've decided that everything man has ever made was inspired by something in nature. Does this plant look like a fan to anyone?
Cool, or what?!
So last night before bed we needed to burn some energy. We headed outside so the boys could "run races" up and down the walkway to our house.
We ended up wandering up the hill to our neighbor Lynn's house. Lynn's house is fun because she has a goose and turtles. The goose was hilarious - squaking at us nonstop! Until we fed it some bread, that is. I think the goose has been trained by Lynn's granddaughters, age 5 and 3.
The boys loved the turtles. Lynn said these turtles live to be 60 years old! Out of captivity they live much longer!
Did you know that turtles like bread too?
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. The unveiling of:
THE BIGGEST CARROT EVER!!
Granted, I'm not a gardener, and I know there are some mammoth vegetables that come out of home grown gardens. I found this beauty at our grocery store! They get carrots in these huge bags as big as garbage sacks - who knows where they're grown!
Speaking of gardens, we've been trading food with our neighbor Lloyd. I take them a plate of baked goodies every time I bake and he in turn showers us in cucumbers. Right now, anyway, since that's what's coming out of his garden. He also shares loads of bananas with us. He's got mangoes, oranges, avocadoes and tangeloes ripening right now - I just hope we're still here when they're ready to eat! (We only have 6 weeks left on this island! Yay but WAAAHHH too!!!)
And, we can't forget Little Miss. Ain't she cute? She's starting to do that rocking on her hands and knees thing that comes before crawling. ACK! Our house will know no peace!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment