Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rainy Day Safari and The Big Game

WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD!

I've been posting a lot, and posting a lot of pictures at that.  I think it's because I'm sad we're losing this unique way of life we've had here.  I'm really trying to capture what our everyday life is like here!

Saturday it rained again.
So the kids and I constructed some baskets and binoculars.  Then we made some animals to "hunt" on our safari.  Alden drew the car and spelt "RAC" all by himself.  It'd be perfect, except that it's mirror image! :-D
After our safari, we headed outside to puddle jump.  OH how I'm going to miss the beautiful flowers that are so abundant here!
The boys LOVE this puddle that always forms when it rains.  Last time we did this the boys' heavy denim shorts got so soaked, they ended up returning home in t-shirts only.  This time I was smarter and I kept them in their I-don't-care-if-they-get-dirty-because-they're-already-stained pajamas.
Then, after naptimes, it was time for The Big Game.  Jaron's school has a flag football league where the semesters play each other.  Jaron's semester (4th) were undefeated going into Saturday's final.  Even though the sky still looked like this, it was game on:
It was 4ths vs 5ths. A little pre-game talk to hammer down the rules:
4th semesters' #1 fans: me and Megan!
The boys stayed busy racing cars along the fence.  The little girls stayed busy keeping us busy.
Go Jaron!
Jaron got 2 touchdowns - including the game-winner!  Final score: 4th: 6, 5th: 4.
One of Jaron's psychology professors is Dan Eckstein, a world-renowned psychologist who just happened to play in the NFL for the Greenbay Packers and the Miami Dolphins.
He presented the trophy to the league champions.  Yay 4ths!!

0 comments: