Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rainy Day

Yesterday it rained.  In the morning we picked up our friends Danielle and Emma from Lower Hell's Gate and drove all the way across the island to Fort Bay to get gas.  After finding out the tanker never came Sunday night and they had no gas until NEXT Sunday, we hit the grocery store and returned home.  As soon as we got home, the boys crashed for early naps.

That left us a l-o-n-g afternoon indoors.

So we busted out the craft box.

First, we made airplanes.  I used cardboard boxes, styrofoam produce packaging, one of those brass "nail" thingys (know what I'm talking about?) that allowed the propeller to be moveable and hot glue.  I love how in the second picture Gracen is stretching so hard to reach Alden's.  Story of her life!  She isn't crawling yet but somehow has no problem scooting herself across the room to reach whatever it is the boys are playing with.
Next we made cameras out of wafer cookie boxes, juice lids and pom-poms.  The kids love those.  We used a little creativity and made a BIG mess (as you can see!).
After that, I knew we needed to burn some energy so we headed out to go puddle-jumping.  The boys had a blast!  They started out shoed and fully clothed but came home with only shirts and underpants on.  When their shorts got soaked, their little skinny bums couldn't hold 'em up anymore!

We finished off the evening with baths and "snails" for supper.  I got the snail idea from THIS blog awhile ago and finally got around to doing them.
Alden and Eli always fight over who gets to say the prayer.  We finally solved the problem - now Alden helps Eli say every prayer. It is SOOOO sweet!
Here's Alden and Eli pretending to be doggies right before bed (the only time of day our house is this clean).  It was cracking Gracen up.  Sometimes I love having kids this close in age!

2 comments:

Genny Steed said...

you're seriously a good mom. And Gracen seriously looks like you!! I feel sorry for Brielle, she deserves a mom like you!

Barbi said...

Look at her sitting up!! Looks like you're all busy being a happy family!!