Monday, October 11, 2010

Canada Trip - The Drive

Last week the kids and I embarked on a journey by ourselves to go up to visit my family in Canada.  I was nervous to make such a long drive by myself (8 hours to Alberta and then 7 more on to Saskatchewan to visit my sister) but the kids were amazing.  Maybe it's because they're used to it but they have really become good little travellers.

As we drove through Montana, I couldn't help but think that everyond needs to do this drive at least once in their lifetime.  It is sooo beautiful, even on a cloudy, rainy day!
Pay no mind to the big ole' windshield wiper swiping through this one but I had to post it because I think this is the valley I want to live in some day - Amazingly GORGEOUS!!

In the past two months, my kids and I have gotten to be in the Caribbean, have flown across the continental United States, and now have driven through prairie and mountainsides.  I feel very lucky that we've gotten to see so much of the diverse beauty of what God has created for us.  It's really amazing that all these landscapes can be so different and all so beautiful! 

We stopped in Butte for breakfast and then Great Falls for lunch.  Our last stop was at the Alberta travel center in Milk River, right after crossing the border.  The kids had a blast here.

 And the front walk was filled with wisdom for our journey:

It was fun to get to explore inside the center.  Sorry Jaron, the deer didn't get a second glance from the boys but the skunk sure got some attention!

I turned my back for ONE SECOND and look what I found:

What a busy girl!  And, lastly, the theme of our trip:



2 comments:

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I loved this! For a split second, I thought that Gracen had destroyed one of the exhibits.
P.S. I didn't even say goodbye to you. How lame. I must have been really tired...
see you next week?!

Lisha said...

I'm so jealous that your kids are good travelers! I've only taken Paxton to Sylvan (like 4 1/2 hours) and he's cried halfway there both times!