After spending about a week in southern Alberta, we headed up to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, where my sister Genny lives. Genny is the bestest - I couldn't ask for a better sister. Her husband is in his 3rd year of med school in SK so we went up there to hang with them for awhile.
It was a crazy visit with our 5 kids age 4 and under but we did tons of things while there and had loads of fun. One morning I snapped this picture while all 5 kids just happened to be about to be dressed for the day.
These guys had so much fun together. I'm so grateful my kids have so many cousins their age on both mine and Jaron's sides of the family.
We spent one morning hitting a fun little gymnastics place where the kids burned some energy with Genny's kids and some of Genny's SK friends whose husbands are also students.
And what exactly is Gracen wearing, you ask? A mishmash of travelling clothes on laundry day, that's what! Genny has convinced me that these two little "antennae" pigtails are the "it" hairstyle for Gracen now that her hair is "long." :-)
Genny is the best aunt ever. She likes to send the boys dollar bills in the mail for them to spend. When we went to the dollar store, she gve them each some $$ to spend and it made their day. She also took them mini-golfing one morning. The boys had a blast.
Genny is also the best sister ever. She gave me lots of time off while she watched my kids - something I definitely needed as a temporary single mom! We did lots more while in Saskatoon, like hitting a swimming pool and a bunch of cool parks, but I didn't remember to take pictures.
Speaking of pictures, I went to Wal-mart to print pictures for the first time in a year and my SD card (which was new in January) reported that I've taken over 2400 pictures this year! Yikes!!
P.S. Gracie took her first steps last week. I happened to be on Skype with Jaron when she did it but because my laptop doesn't have a webcam, he didn't get to see it. It's so stinkin' cute when little ones take their first wobbly steps, looking up at you for reassurance! Crawling still seems to be her transportation mode of choice, though.
3 comments:
How cute, how cute!! I just love your babies :o) They are so adorable and photogenic! I'm so glad you had so much fun with your sister! I love it!!
PS--I absolutely love the name Gracen, by the way! And Gracie as a nickname is just adorable! I'd never heard that name before you had her and I just love it!! Plus it fits her so well!
I agree, sisters are the best. I love all those little bodies looking out the window.
umm that first pic is the best/cutest picture ever! jealous that you got to go see Genny
Post a Comment