I decided I'd better get these photos up before Halloween comes or else they'll never happen.
After Saskatoon, we returned to Alberta for a few days to break up the drive back to Idaho.
Can I tell you how much I enjoy hanging out with my siblings? We really are friends. Heaven knows (and so does most everyone reading this blog) our family has plenty of quirks. But one thing's for sure - we really get along. I really appreciate that my siblings are all so great with my kids - they make an effort to be involved with them when we visit and they're eager to help me out. Even after we set up camp in his room and booted him to the couch, Dustin, for instance, took the kids one morning so that I could laze about in bed for another hour. Both Cassy and Dustin took time to come with us to the park on several days.
We got a chance to hang out with Jason and his kids, James (11) and Randall (8). It's funny that my kids have an uncle James and a cousin James who are within a year's age of each other!
These are all the kids in my family except for Genny, who lives way out in Saskabush.
All the boyz in the Allred fam.
We spent a couple of nights at my Dad's place. Alden made good use of my Dad's extensive collection of Hot Wheels:
On the drive home we stopped at Gibson park in Great Falls, a favorite place my family used to stop at on our trips down to the U.S. We fed the geese awhile until one got a little too aggressive and bit Alden on the hand. Alden was devastated - I think it hurt more emotionally than it did physically, though. He seemed so upset that the goose would do that to him! As we were walking away, I was reassuring Alden that I wouldn't let it happen again and the same goose nipped him on the behind! So BEWARE the geese at Gibson park all you I-15 travellers!!
Have I ever mentioned how much I love having my kids be so close in age? I really do, more and more so as they get older.
It again took us 12 hours to make the 8 hour drive because of the need to stop every few hours. (P.S. Portable DVD players are worth their weight in GOLD!) Between Helena and Butte there was a bit of snow in the mountains. Alden cried when we descended into the Butte valley and the snow disappeared. The day after we arrived in Idaho, though, we awoke to this:
Alden was in heaven. Until the thunder that accompanied the snow scared him back inside, that is. :-)
3 comments:
Thunder snow storm, that's so weird. Sad that we missed you this time around, but we'll have to try to hook up next time you're here!
How cute! I was the opposite of Alden: I was devastated to see it snowing in Idaho this week! Mitch and I are talking about putting our studded snow tires back on before a big storm hits; it's so depressing because winter here never seems to LEAVE once it shows up!
I loved the pictures of you with your siblings! Everyone looks so great.
I'm glad you got home safe.
Post a Comment