Thursday, April 21, 2011

Canada, Part II

Okay, I've been taking a bunch of pictures this week since I didn't take my camera anywhere.  We've been busy with my youngest sister Cassy's wedding this week but we've also found plenty of time to have fun.

We've managed to fit in a few of our favorite pastimes, like thrift stores and the pet store.
 My mom put on a cute little movie night for the grandkids where we stayed up late to watch Tangled. (My camera is taking horrible pictures these days, especially in low light.) I'm not sure which grandkid decided which couch cushions go where but it did the job.
 Genny and I hosted a bridal shower for Cassy that turned out to be a lot of fun.  My favorite gift for Cassy was a pink tool set that one of Jarom's uncles got her.
 We took a little time out to go out and visit our great friends Brody and Brenna again.  The kids insisted on playing outside which was a nice and muddy adventure given all the recent melting snow and the fact that Brody and Brenna have a new house with a yard and driveway that is yet to come.
 Poor little skinny Eli's pants kept falling down due to the weight of the mud on his pants.  At first he kept coming to the door so that I could pull them up for him.
 Then I think he just gave up and kept sloshing away pantless.  Priceless.
It got even funnier when I went outside to snap a few pictures and Eli walked up to me and said, "Hey, my hands are dirty!"
 We played so hard we tuckered the babies out. 
Are Kristin and I really old enough to have 3 kids each?!
 Here is me and one of the greatest friends I'll ever know.  Kristin is gorgeous inside and out and I just think the world of her.
 My Dad took some time out today to show the boys his electric train. 
 We spent the afternoon at the wavepool and waterslides with Genny's bunch and Cassy.
 I love how much my kids love the water. 
 We finished the day off with an easter egg hunt at Grandma Allred's house.  It was adorable with all 5 little cousins toting around easter baskets and getting so excited about the jelly beans and goodies they found.  Unfortunately my camera does not get good pictures in grandma's dimly lit house.  But I did manage to snap one afterwards of the sparklers (of which we let off so many the fire alarm went off!).
We don't make it up to Canada near enough so I am really grateful that so many people drop their lives to make spending time with us a priority while we're here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun! I LOVE the pantsless Eli! What a doll! I love that you're spending time at home. It's a rarity for me too and I've learned how appreciated trips home can be!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

you guys come over anytime. I'm so serious. My kids want to know when their friends are coming back!