Thursday, April 28, 2011

Canada, Part III - Cassy's Wedding

Last week my youngest sister, Cassy got married.  She married a great guy and we're really happy for them.  The guy's name just happens to be Jarom.  My family cannot keep the "Jaron" and "Jarom" apart in their speech - it will be confusing for the rest of our lives, I'm sure.
Here is Gracen in her cute little dress at the Alberta temple, where they got married.
Here's the happy couple as they greeted their photographers.
Cassy was so beautiful in her dress!  Because I'm a little lazy and a lotta cheap, I made the boys' ties out of ribbon and a hot glue gun. :-D  Here's a picture of me and my siblings, minus my older brother Jason and his two little boys.
Same pic, with mom and my Grandpa Allred.
We unfortunately did not get any posed pictures of the nieces and nephews in their cute little outfits.


Here's a word of advice for all those interested: do NOT wait to take pictures of the little kids last!
Here are a few reception photos.
This is how the kids entertained themselves:

What a long week!  Preparing for a wedding is a load of work.  We all had fun but were glad when it was over!

P.S.  We got the results of Jaron's exam yesterday and it is GREAT news!  Jaron did well on the exam but we didn't get the results in time to get financial aid for this semester so as of right now we are scheduled to start rotations in Kansas City on September 1st!!
P.P.S.  If anyone's looking to hire a college student for summer work, I know a great candidate. ;-)

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like a great time for everyone. I don't know if I've ever seen a picture of your sister before. She looks like you - especially that second picture of them, her profile looks EXACTLY like you! I love your dress too, it's way cute!

Lisha said...

I too love your dress! And I can't believe how grown up Cassie is :( Glad I got to see you this time and hope to see you again soon!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Glad you get to go somewhere familiar!

Sheffer's said...

Hooray!! Should we start planning a party now? :) As for work, my only suggestion is a paper route if he can handle it. I can't wait to see you guys again!

Christal said...

Cassie is a WIFE!?!?! Tell her congratulations from me! She looks gorgeous...as did you and your entire family. Fun to see you all together! :)
Now on the the next thing: KANSAS CITY?!?!!!!! Oh,can you guess how excited we are to hear THAT?! Oh yeah! It has always just been "meant to be"...Can't wait!

Jennie Holt said...

yes I am going to have to agree your dress is super cute!! and your kids look adorable! and yes ALWAYS take the kids pictures first!!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome about your husband's exam results! Good, late results are better than bad results, right?

That wedding looks gorgeous! I love weddings! So much fun! And that gym looked gorgeous from the pictures! I love the chair storage cart that the kiddos loved. How fun!