A leprechaun visited us on St. Patty's day again this year. He left us a few of his favorite green treats.
He made it all the way downstairs, leaving yummy things along the way.
And he even managed to make break free from Alden's leprechaun trap before making his way out the back door. Alden had gotten pretty creative. I suggested wrapping a box with a hole cut out of it so that the leprechaun would step on it and fall in. Alden suggested that we paint some rocks "gold" so that the leprechaun would be enticed to climb up there. He got away but he did leave some of his gold with us (Hershey's nuggets and "gold" dollar coins).
We'll have to be more clever next year! Our neighbors' leprechaun was a mischievous one - he left all kinds of green surprises for them, like green toilet water and green pancakes for breakfast! Maybe we'll get a mischievous leprechaun next year.
2 comments:
I'm all caught up on reading now!!! I we say it all the time, but I really do wish WE could be neighbours! (I'm still holding onto heaven...)
Thanks for the birthday wishes - I'm getting old!
P.S. I got your package today. We were all so thrilled. The kids loved their gifts and I was laughing about the veggie tales movie. Was that not the exact one that you and Jennie used to watch with your roommates in college?! Anyways, my kids love veggie tales, so it was a hit!
We're going to go on a date too - wish us luck! (THANK YOU SO MUCH. Love ya!)
Becky you are the most creative mom ever! That sounds like such a fun adventure!
Post a Comment